Transformative Reserve Donations
- $10,000-Equipment and technical support. This enables the purchase and maintenance of cameras, drones, computer equipment, and other items and services (like internet access) that are essential to the establishment and maintenance of our reserves. It also facilitates exploration and research within the reserves. Many government agencies require surveys, reports and data to support gazetting an area as a permanent nature reserve.
- $20,000-This enables the hiring of a guard for a reserve, and/or the purchase of a motorcycle, truck or other transportation needed to police the large areas of our reserves and transport people and materials.
- $50,000-Construction of the SalvaMontes research cabin (with naming rights)
- $30,000 to $1,000,000-This will enable the purchase of large parcels of land. If available, donors at this level may request naming rights to one or more new species (depending on the size of the donation), as well as naming rights to a section of a reserve.
- $15,000-$20,000-Naming rights for a new species
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in making any of these transformative donations.
We totally understand that while you are “alive and kicking”, the concept of a legacy gift may not work with your financial goals.
However, if you would like to make a meaningful, long term and impactful donation, please consider the Orchid Conservation Alliance in your legacy planning. It’s actually quite simple for a donor to name the Orchid Conservation Alliance as the beneficiary of property (or designated portions) such as a bank account, life insurance policy, stock or retirement plan. The bank or other company usually provides a form for the donor to use. To help donors with their paperwork (and to avoid any possible confusion about which charity they intended the gift to go to), our legal name, location, and tax ID number are clearly displayed below as well as on our website.
Planning ahead is very important. If you want at least part of your estate to support conservation, orchids or other initiatives you feel are important, they need to be specified in your will and estate plans. The OCA is fully registered with Charity Navigator, and when and if our donations exceed their minimum for oversight and classification, we will be included in their analysis. Our tax filings are accessible through our website.
The Orchid Conservation Alliance
564 Arden Drive
Encinitas, CA 92024